You have a defined Sales Strategy and Processes to support your strategy on paper, ppt or excel or maybe you have some ideas in your head. Now, how do you operationalize it from paper or take those ideas and deploy and implement them in Salesforce? How can you get the teams to adhere to the strategy and follow the processes?
Point N Time is offering you a free 2-hour remote workshop. In this workshop, we show you how you can operationalize, deploy and implement your Sales Strategy and supporting Processes in Salesforce using Strategy Mapper.
Q: Do I have to be a Salesforce user: A: Yes, Strategy Mapper requires Salesforce.
Q: Do I have to be a Strategy Mapper customer? A: No, we will use our Salesforce environments to conduct the workshop.
Q: What if I want to use my Salesforce org, can I install Strategy Mapper? A: Yes, we do offer a 30-day trial, which is fully supported, we will install, setup and configure Strategy Mapper for free.
Q: Is the installation, setup and configuration time part of the 2-hours? A: No, There is no on-boarding fee for Strategy Mapper for 5 or more users.
Q: I only have my ideas in my head would I still get the benefits from the workshop? A: Yes, we take those ideas and turn them into reality.
Whether you're a fortune 500 company or a small startup. It's critical you have a defined Sales Strategy and processes to support it! You can only wing it for a short time.
10 Benefits of operationalizing sales strategy and the sales processes to support it in Salesforce with Strategy Mapper
- Allows for easy modification as your products/solutions change, customer dynamics change, and the competitive landscape evolves.
- Ensures the preservation of sale training and extends the ROI.
- Speeds up on-boarding new account executives and sales engineering.
- Teams make quota faster.
- Increases and preserves your investment and the value of Salesforce.
- Increases win rate and reduces selling time.
- In the event of team turnover, new members know exactly what has been completed and what is outstanding, there is no lose in momentum.
- Reduced opportunity reviews with management.
- Team members know exactly what is expected of them and when, so they can plan accordingly.
- No one operates in a vacuum, team collaboration is paramount.